Pragmatic Beekeeping Forum - Home of SoMDBeekeeper

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the NEW Forums!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bee Stings ARE good for you!  (Read 12424 times)

Craig

• SoMDBeekeeper
  • Field Bee
    • View Profile
Bee Stings ARE good for you!
« on: January 06, 2011, 01:44:15 AM »

The medicinal benefits of bee venom are well documented, though generally shushed by a giant chemical medicine industry. They don’t want us to know we can heal ourselves without them. I recommend bee stings (accidental or premeditated) at least once a week. -Sam Comfort, Anarchy Apiaries, Hudson Valley NY

For more on the topic listen to the Podcast episodes with Amber Rose!

Best,
-=Craig
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Stevebug

• Worker Bee
    • View Profile
Re: Bee Stings ARE good for you!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 10:39:10 PM »

Working on two of my three hives on Friday (19th) I got stung on the hand by one bee.(I've decided to go gloveless) The sting was in the "Y" flesh area between thumb and index finger. Then I got stung while unsuiting just above my eyebrow. Now the sting in the hand was not as painful as the forehead but it swelled slightly and inched. The one above my eye, while more painful, did not even get red. I can only assume from this that the area of a sting needs to have more blood vessels going to it to get a good immune response. I may start on stinging myself in my knees as I have some arthritis pain from time to time in them. These two accidental stings did not seem to help my knees.

TomP

• Worker Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 08:29:59 PM »

Hi Stevebug,

To get systemic effects from beestings you need to know acupuncture and sting the appropriate acupuncture points.  If you don't know acupuncture, then to help your knees you would want stings in the knees.  I have not listened to the Amber Rose inteviews on the podcasts, but I read her book years ago  Check out podcasts 11-14 accessible through this forum here is link to #11http://somdbeekeeper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21 and you will learn a lot  about apitherapy.  I say this without hesitation, even tohough I haven'theard them because I know Amber Rose knows apitherapy

Stevebug

• Worker Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »

I have listened to all three of the Amber Rose podcasts before your reply. While I agree about the location of the sting, I do not see a lot of "science" in Acupuncture. While certain spots in the body do have more nerves closer to the skin, I was just pondering why the stings varied so much if I have the immunity built up over the last 10 years working with bees? Again it must be the blood flow and perhaps lymph nodes in an area?  I have more faith in God than in Acupuncture. Although it has had some results there is no way to test a placebo on a needle piercing. Either you are stuck or not. Perhaps that human anatomy class in college had more of an effect on me than I realized. I don't knock people who do believe in acupuncture. Faith in most healing forms of treatment will still go a lot farther than "doubting it will ever work". Peace   Steve

Craig

• SoMDBeekeeper
  • Field Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »

"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountain of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." --Robert Jastrow, NASA

Acupuncture is thousands of years old. In my (humble) opinion there is an overlap between the material body and the soul, or energy body. I personally believe acupuncture can and does manipulate the "life force" flow or chi that runs through the bodies meridian lines, along which the acupuncture points are aligned. Just my belief...

Cheers,
-=Craig

TomP

• Worker Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 08:57:13 AM »

I have been doing acupuncture with needles on patients since 1979.  I have seen the power and effectiveness of acupuncture.  It is my professional opinion that what you are proposing definitely poses a risk to the actor and could definitely have negative effects.

ryandiener1

• New Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 01:03:19 AM »

Hi There,

This is Dr. Ryan Diener of Holistic Health Associates. If you’re wondering what the acupuncture is, It is one of the science formations wherein small needles are position into body’s different acupuncture points to indulge different disorders and to obtain great wellness.  “Qi” and “Meridians” are the basis of acupuncture techniques. One technique which is the “Qi” is defined as the way where energy is accorded as it goes through various paths of human body called “Meridians”. In accordance with this tradition, meridians quantities of 12 were in the body and once the single or more meridians is blocked, sickness grounds. With this facts, hope that you’ll be able to learn what acupuncture is all about.

How Acupuncture Works?

When the needles were inserted into different acupuncture points then the acupuncture works. You might wonder how that scary needle works but for you to realize, this form of medication doesn’t cause any pain. The significance of acupuncture needles is to guarantee the smooth flow of energy and alleviate the diseases.

What are the Uses of Acupuncture?

Many presume that acupuncture only used for constant pain remedy such as body arthritis and joint pains. Nonetheless, acupuncture is very good for headaches, asthma, ulcer, migraine as well as digestive problems. Even the spiritual health will get better with the use of acupuncture. Different kinds of depression, phobias, and mental disorders can be treated as well. It ameliorates any form of body’s imbalances making it physical, mental and emotional. It makes the human being as a whole and totally cured.

A Warning
As the popularity of acupuncture arises, imposer practitioners become numerous presenting you acupuncture and guarantee you they are competent enough to cure many diseases. Thus you have to deem that acupuncture is not a simple but a complex science needs to be accomplished with very much care. Make sure the healer’s legitimacy and facilities you are planning to go with. Make a research and find a good idea about the acupuncture beliefs. I hope that the unprejudiced facts here became helpful to you of what exactly the acupuncture is.

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks,
Ryan Diener

Craig

• SoMDBeekeeper
  • Field Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 08:26:44 PM »

Is acupuncture effective for things like depression?

TomP

• Worker Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 09:46:35 PM »

Acupuncture can be very effective for depression.

arsya

• New Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 08:24:53 AM »

Tell me please how do you treat bee stings. I found this http://keepingbee.org/bee-stings-pictures-bee-stings-picture/
maybe you know smth special.

capt44

• Loyal Member
  • Field Bee
  • If it don't work, I'll always think it should have
    • View Profile
    • RV BEES
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 08:52:16 AM »

I was watching ATEN on TV about a ROBO CELL.
It is a cell the doc's have developed to inject in the blood stream.
The Robo Cells are injected with Bee Venom.
They've found that Bee Venom destroys cells.
The Robo Cell flows thru the blood stream and finds Cancerous Cells.
It will attach itself to the cancer and release the Bee Venom which in turn causes the Cancer Cell to explode, destroying it.
They are using the system on Labratory animals now with astonishing results.
They said the USDA may make it available for human use in 2013.

Hawk

• Worker Bee
    • View Profile
    • Harmony Hollow Apiary
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 12:47:24 PM »

I had an old lady call me a month or so back.  She lives in an assisted living facility outside of the city - and just wanted to call and talk about bees.  It was a great conversation - even though I was extremely busy at the time.

She mentioned in he conversation about some research being done for cancer through honeybee venom.  I didn't find much on it - and searched the Mayo clinic's research documents online.  Does anyone know who is doing the research, and what documentation might be available?

capt44

• Loyal Member
  • Field Bee
  • If it don't work, I'll always think it should have
    • View Profile
    • RV BEES
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »

Craig

• SoMDBeekeeper
  • Field Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 05:03:15 PM »

Very interesting.

I wonder if they develop a practical treatment from this research, would it hurt?

Glen H

• Loyal Member
  • Field Bee
  • Ontario Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 06:33:13 PM »

Hey Craig,
I was lucky enought to pick up one of Amber's original books "Bee in Ballance" off of Amizon for $45.00 the next one up in price was $999.00  :o and thats for a used book!?!?!?
$45.00 is the cheapest I've seen.
The book in in good shape to boot.

Glen
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up